Friday, January 28, 2011

Riddle me this:

Has anyone else noticed this illuminated sign over the Sussex/Rideau corner of the Rideau Mall? My parents and I spotted it while running from dinner to the NAC and Dad stopped long enough in the middle of the intersection (the little orange numbers counting down all the while) to snap this shot on his BlackBerry. I like the picture, actually. We're still confused and slightly charmed by the sign. Anyone know what it is? Will knowing what it is remove all the fun and mystery?

4 comments:

  1. My hope is that it's actually intended to be an Umberto Eco-style open text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.opentext.com/2/global.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes. it does indeed remove the fun and mystery. :-P

    I figured it was probably a company name, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, well. I could hope. "Open Text" as a company, looking at their Web site, (thanks, Frank, I guess) should have been called "Closed Text." Probably wouldn't sell as well, though.

    ReplyDelete